Sunday, October 01, 2006

Most People Are DJs

This Tuesday is the first time since The Eraser came out that I'll be dragging myself out of bed a little bit early in order to hit J&R Music on my way to work. That's because of the new The Hold Steady disc. I don't own any of this band's other CDs, but Boys and Girls in America is going to make a run for my favorite album of the year. They're at Irving Plaza tonight, and I'll be there. Hmmm, maybe the album will be there...

While I'm at J&R I may also pick up the new Beck, which sounds pretty good, judging from the four-fifths of it that is already available on the Web.

You can listen to songs from both these albums over at NPR. You can also listen to a song from a band I previously posted about, Forro in the Dark. Looks like they have an actual, professionally recorded, gonna-be-available-at-places-other-than-their-shows, album coming out in November.

Finally, the new Frames album is out - IN IRELAND. Sigh. Tiding myself over with a couple of links on their MySpace page.

No comments: