Monday, October 23, 2006

Sicko


I've been home all day today, since I dare not venture more than 20 steps from my bathroom. What on earth did I eat?

Anyhow, it hasn't been a day off; I've been working from home. The wonders of the Internet. Even more interesting/sad is how much more productive I've been here than I would have been actually at work. Perhaps corporations should look into sickening their employees - but not too much - as a legitimate way of allowing them to work from home while keeping them from getting distracted by bright lights and loud noises.

Anyhow, I've been listening to KEXP live all day on the Web, and they've been doing me right with an endless series of soothingly pleasant bands. They won't ever be my favorite bands, there's nothing special about them, but they're absolutely perfect for keeping a slightly nauseous tummy calm. The ones I bothered to look up: White Whale, Summer Hymns, and (my favorite), a live performance from Black Angels, who are playing NYC during the CMJ festival, in a double-black double bill with the Black Keys.

The First Vietnamese War - Black Angels

No comments: