Thursday, October 12, 2006

Silence = Golden

I live in Prospect Heights, a neighborhood in Brooklyn that some (mostly those who don't live here) call sketchy and others (mostly those who do live here) call a bargain.

I love Prospect Heights. I love its energy, its diversity, its proximity to Prospect Park, its crazy eateries like Tom's Diner and the Islands, and the fact that I have a choice of three train lines to get into the city. But I must confess that the energy is sometimes too much.

For instance: my upstairs neighbor seems to have untold amounts of energy for pacing up and down immediately above my bed at all hours of the night. My cross-the-back-yard neighbors have the energy for very loud rap music at 7 a.m. in the morning. The kids out front have the energy for basketball until 2 a.m. in the morning.

When I've had enough sleep, it's all good. But when I haven't, I feel like this.

Susanna & the Magical Orchestra - Enjoy The Silence

Big list of cover versions of the Depeche Mode original here.

No comments: