Friday, July 14, 2006

Raindrops On Roses

Some favorite things about the 1H '06:

Wine: Piovano. This is an Umbrian wine that I picked up somewhat at random, and boy am I glad. It is one of only a few bottles of wine I have drunk that have led me to stalk more bottles of said wine.

Song: Down Is The New Up, by Radiohead. Note how it changes from early version (the second time they played it I believe) to late, at the end of their tour.

Down Is The New Up (MSG)

Down Is The New Up (LA)

Movies:

1) Dave Chappelle's Block Party. Damn I wish I had gone to see this for real, rain or no rain. I get the feeling the movie is a poor surrogate. Chappelle is funny as hell, the marching band from Ohio rules [dear Dave: please release the version they did of Jesus Walks with Kanye. Please?], and the Erykah Badu/Jill Scott duet gives me goosebumps.

2) The Heart of the Game, a documentary that turned out so perfectly you almost wonder if it's a documentary. A nice way for us "how many innings are there in a baseball game again?" folks to bide the time while we wait for basketball season to roll around.

Album: Ballad Of The Broken Seas, Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan. This is such a weird combination, but it really works.

Deus Ibi Est

Weird thing: Motherf**king snakes on motherf**king planes

No comments: