Thursday, July 27, 2006

More Bands Should Have Horn Sections

Very occasionally, I will hear a song on the radio and immediately have to possess it. Increasingly, this happens only when I listen to KEXP on the Web, since NYC's radio stations make me want to stick my fingers in my ears and make a face.

It happened not so long ago with this song by The Pharaohs.

The Pharaohs Love Ya

The Pharaohs are not to be confused with the backing band for Sam the Sham on '60s hit Wooly Bully. They're different - and better. They weren't around for very long, but they sure were funky.

It was a task to find this song. At first I tried to buy their album, In The Basement, from Ubiquity Records, but they were sold out. (I did get some cool t-shirts tho.) Finally both iTunes and emusic added some of their songs.

No comments: