Sunday, September 17, 2006

Travesty Against Mankind

I see that T.A.T.U. has a best of album coming out. Pardon me, but didn't they have only one (and I'll be charitable here) "hit"? Maybe I'm just getting old and out of touch.

Anyhow, talk about a stupid creationist myth surrounding these guys. At least with the White Stripes, you might actually have wondered, briefly, whether they were husband and wife, or brother and sister, or neither.

As a cleansing ritual, I have to post some Russian music sans silly gimmick or gyrating hips. This song is about vodka, and like vodka itself, it hits hard, goes down with a little cough and some watering of the eyes, and could be better digested with some black bread and a pickle.

By a group called DDT, this is about two old friends running into each other and sitting down for a drink. It's beyond my ability to translate, but best I can figure, here's the chorus:

White river
Drops of life
Ah, river/hand
Give me wings
I'm drowning and in all this nonsense
You're a shotglass on the table
You're the sky in my hands


DDT - Belaya Reka

No comments: