Friday, September 08, 2006

Coltrane In A Dub Shack?


I stumbled on Ubiquity Records' Web site a while back when I was searching for The Pharaohs, about whom I posted earlier. At the time they didn't have the Pharaohs' CD I was looking for, but I still ended up ordering some $75 worth of stuff from them, cuz they back a lot of other funky artists too (and, my real downfall: they print some really neat t-shirts).

I just got an email from them about something called Radio Citizen, which at first listen sounds pretty cool. They describe it thus: Strains of film noir-worthy dark jazz, chunky tropical dub, and snake-charming soul permeate Berlin Serengeti. CD to be out Sept. 12.

Check them out here to listen to some songs, or download some 45 second clips at Ubiquity's Web site.

No comments: