Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wanna Be Somebody

With all the basketball I've been watching the past couple of weeks, the Nike commercial that's been in heavy CNBC-like rotation on ESPN and CBS was bound to sink into my consciousness eventually. "What is that?" I finally thought to myself this morning as the song stirred me off my couch and towards my running shoes (which aren't Nike).

With the wonders of the Internet, it took me about two minutes to figure it out, and another two minutes to download the song. It's called "List of Demands," by a guy by the name of Saul Williams. Apparently first a poet and second a rapper, and has been around for years. This returns me to my eternal question: how can good music go so unnoticed for so long?

Nice work, Nike. Make a better shoe and I'll run in it.

Go see him live April 9 at Irving Plaza. Meanwhile, go here to get the song.

List of Demands

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had to look up the song also and found this page. yep that song will be on my workout playlist. it definately gets me pumped. you should also listen to this song "Pressure Point" by The Zutons. it is a different gengre but will get you pumped also. i saw it in a warren miller ski movie.