Saturday, March 08, 2008

Rain Down On Me

It's raining in New York; has been for, oh, 18 hours now. From inside my apartment, I'm imagining it as a biblical deluge-type downpour as I scrounge through my music for my favorite rainy day tunes.

How long, I wonder, could I stay inside these four walls before I went crazy? Stay tuned...stay tuned.

On the topic of rain, how excited am I that Radiohead is playing Liberty State Park again in August at All Points West or whatever it's called? Last time they played there (twice), it was August of 2001, and I hauled my butt the six-mile roundtrip walk from my then-apartment in Jersey City to see them. On the more sublime end of my memories of those nights is the World Trade Center lit up behind the stage...on the more banal end, the cheeseball near me who turned to his friend just as they got to the "Rain Down" chorus on Paranoid Android and said, "Wouldn't it be cool if it rained right now?

Sia - Breathe Me

Film School - Activated

Alexi Murdoch - Home

No comments: