Thursday, August 03, 2006

Too Darn Hot

So I wanted to post a song about snow because it's so freaking hot. So naturally I looked through my Russian songs, and even found one with snow in the title.

But upon sitting down and really listening to the lyrics, it turns out the song isn't about snow at all, it's about relationships. But it's a cute little song, and I've gone to all this trouble to sorta kinda translate it, so here you go. At least it feels kind of cool. It's by a band called Akvarium (or Aquarium, if you must).

S Utra Shel Sneg

Turn out the light
Leave a note that we're not home
Tiptoe past the open doors
There where everything is light
There where everyting is silent

And you can be haughty like steel
And you can say something's not quite right
And you can pretend that you're just acting out a movie
About people under lots of pressure

But snow's been falling since morning
You can still do something
If you want to

You remember i was sure of myself
(untranslatable something about how sure of himself he was)
I was certain that I was right
But now snow is falling
And again I don't know who I am

Someone is broken and doesn't want to be whole
And someone is full of themself
And you can be right up against something but still not see it
But there's something better, it's that simple

Snow's been falling since morning
You can still do something
If you want to
Snow's been falling since morning
You can be with someone else if you want to

No comments: