Monday, August 07, 2006

Everyone Falls On Hard Times

Wow, is all I can say.

I was sitting on the couch tonight pretty much doing nothing, and what popped into my head but this old song by Brooklyn band The Boggs, called Hard Times. It was on an album they put out in, oh, 2002? I bought it. I liked it. I promptly forgot about it. And then, apropos of nothing, tonight, The Boggs.

I came online to post Hard Times. But linking around, I found all sorts of new good stuff. Looks like they have a new, different lineup, and an album coming out sometime this year, if one is to believe their somewhat discombobulated MySpace page. And judging by this track, which may or may not be inspired by The Muppet Show, it rules.

Forts

Also from their MySpace page, they're playing a show at Cake Shop on the Lower East Side on August 19.

No comments: