Sunday, February 15, 2009

Beauty Tips According To Forest Whitaker

If one person whose musical taste I respect recommends me something, I'll get to it eventually, assuming I can remember what it was for long enough. But if two people whose musical taste I respect recommend me the same something in the space of three days, I'm gonna give it a shot almost immediately.

And so, Brother Ali, the Muslim albino rapper from Minneapolis. An unusual story, an old-school style, and of late some controversial lyrics and killer harmonica about the "United Snakes."

I like his song Forest Whitiker, about being your own person:

Ima be alright
You ain't gotta be my friend tonite
And Ima be okay
You would probly bore me anyway


You can listen to and download some of his stuff here.

Truth Is

1 comment:

amp said...

for the record, i just replayed this (primarily to distract me from the work i really should be doing) and it made jax jump about 10 feet out of his blissful doggie slumber. i think he likes it.

more music to make my dogs jump, please.