Sunday, February 01, 2009

B-Boy Obsession

Attempting to recover from the cold/cough plague of death that seems to be going around NYC, I spent all day yesterday on my couch watching TV. At some point, I video-on-demanded "Planet B-Boy." I was totally blown away by the creativity of this Ichigeki crew from Japan, and I'm happy that a clip of their full performance is available on YouTube (in the movie it gets edited down to half of this or so).

I really love the part around five minutes in when the b-boy playing the DJ comes out and dances, even tho' it's not the most amazingly physical part of the routine. He's one of the focal characters in the documentary; there's a bunch of stuff in his family's tea shop about his father's death and how he's dealt with it.

According to the movie, this crew disbanded. Sadness.

No comments: