Monday, October 20, 2008

And Now, Back To The Music!

Now that I have emerged from a happy cloud of wine, it is time to Rock. NRolla.

I have heard the Subways' "Rock & Roll Queen" a few times, but not so's you'd notice. Enough that it was sitting in the back of my head, in a bin marked "just another too-cool-for-school Brit band."

But.

Introduce a Guy Ritchie movie to this song, and then insert the band playing it live at a random point in the movie - at an actual club in the U.K. called the Fire Station, if what I read here is to be believed. Follow up by splicing images of the band rawking out to the song together with images of a beatdown outside the club conducted with, well, a pencil, and NOW you have a memorable song.

Sadly, I cannot find this particular scene on YouTube. So just take the original video and...insert pencil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude.
yet another cd i got free from work. was listening to it the whole way back to kc. not sure where i'm going to get my music without the journal...

nedotykomka said...

really? how is rest of CD? really like this one song but perhaps they are one-hit wonder?