Saturday, June 24, 2006

What's The Frequency?



After lurking on other folks' blogs for three or four years and thinking about my own for one or two, I'm finally doing it. My very own blog. And what better way to start out than with this blog's namesake song?

I am an impossible Radiohead dork. It's all about the incomprehensible yet haunting lyrics. And the ondes martinot. And Jonny's 'tormented genius' cheekbones. And the fact that Thom is now playing the drums. And the hour or more it sometimes takes them to get to the stage after their opening acts have cleared out because they have so much fricking equipment to set up. OK, maybe not that last.

And this is my favorite Radiohead song, although Down = New Up may be making a run at it. It's all about the bass line. And, live, about the weird, often left-leaning (boo-rah) things they do just before they play it.

I must have 20 versions of this song (and looking for more!), but I'll torment you, dear hypothetical reader, with only a few.

The Gloaming

The Gloaming (note above-mentioned leftist tendencies)

The Gloaming-Remix (again, leftist tendencies abound, but it's a remix so I suppose not entirely up to them)

No comments: