Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Gnarly Indeed

A few weeks ago, as anyone who scrolls down on this page can easily discover, I fell deeply in love with Long Island's Channing Daughters winery. Last weekend, after quaffing the sole bottle (what was I thinking!) that I purchased of Rosso Fresco in just a couple of days, I went on a hunt to find some more here in the NYC.

I was rudely deterred on my first tedious outing to crowded, grumpy-inducing Soho, to the Vintage NY outlet there, which at some point between the summer and now seems to have closed. But last Saturday, I had more luck at Gnarly Vines Wine & Spirits in Fort Greene-ish. I live not so far from it, so trekked over with a friend, and found it to be totally chill and laid-back, not So-ho-haughty at all. More importantly, they had a few bottles of the good stuff, and I did not buy QUITE all of them. But you should.

No comments: