Monday, November 06, 2006

Peace And Love

1) Watching the marathon filled me with inspiration at the coolness of people. And amusement at the craziness of people. My favorite was the man we spotted juggling and running on 4th Ave. in Brooklyn - and 12 miles later, when we trucked up to Harlem, we saw him again, still juggling, still running. Incredible. Second favorite: the man who asked us on 1st Ave. at mile 19 where the Bronx was. Third favorite: these crazy people who turn out every year to run in save the rhino costumes. They are truly insane. Biggest regret: missing Lance Armstrong. Sigh.

2) Saw 'The Departed' a couple of weekends ago while in Boston. While glad I saw it in Boston, I'm not really glad I saw it overall. I mean, how many times do I need it proved to me that Jack Nicholson plays a great crazy person? I did, however, leave the theater filled with a need to listen to the Pogues, a need which I am finally fulfilling tonight. My favorite quiet Pogues song is "Summer in Siam," but it is not quiet Pogue songs that I am seeking out today, so I present you instead with my favorite loud, jump-up-and-down-as-one-does-with-the-Pogues, song:

Cotton Fields

No comments: