Sunday, May 16, 2010

Oh The Irony: Sleigh Bells Produces Perfect Summer Album

Most summers, there's an album that makes me wish I had a car, so that I could drive around, windows down, stereo blasting, and share my musical tastes with all those around me. Because I suffer from that same delusion of so many other Brooklynites, namely that everyone wants to know what my musical taste is, particularly as I drive past them, and will be forced to agree that, yes, (insert name of band I hadn't known of previously here) is amazing.

Last summer, there wasn't a summer album like that. Of course, there wasn't really a summer, either, in New York, so perhaps it was fitting.

This spring, I think summer's come early. This spring, I may just rent a car and drive around blasting the new Sleigh Bells album, and in particular this song, for a week or so. Because I'm especially convinced that YOU will thank me for it. Yes, that's me, driving around the block over and over again in my $20 rent-a-wreck.



Welcome back, summer. You were missed.

No comments: