Saturday, April 26, 2008

My House Is Turning Into A Library

I am inspired by Mr. Dan Kelly's list of books he has actually managed to kill off to post my own list of neglected books which are gathering dust on bookshelves or elsewhere and which I WILL read before I buy more books, dammit. Yeah sure (in my predicted order of actually getting read):

Sacred Games, Vikram Chandra

Wall Street Noir, featuring a short story by Henry Blodget??? Curious.

This Is Your Brain On Music, Daniel J. Levitin

Londonstani, Gautam Malkani

Abraham, Bruce Feiler

Maxium City, Suketu Mehta

The Fountainhead, Ayn Rand

Portraits and Observations, The Essays Of Truman Capote

Survivor, by Chuck Palahniuk: I have a funny story to tell about Chuck Palahniuk sometime.

The Facts Behind The Helsinki Roccamatios, Yann Martel

Amnesia Moon, Jonathan Lethem

The Granta Book of Reportage

Carter Beats The Devil, Glen David Gold

A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, Betty Smith

These last three I have picked up and put back down. That typically bodes ill for me finishing them, but I actually do want to read these:

Collapse, Jared Diamond

The Journalist And The Murderer, Janet Malcolm

And They All Sang, Studs Terkel

And there are about another 20 that I ought to just put out on the curb because I am clearly never going to read them. I'm so uninterested in them that I'm not even going to list them here.

No comments: